Wednesday 23 October 2013

Happy House-iversary!!


So this past weekend marked the 1 year anniversary of us living in this house... I coined it our "House-iversary" This to most seems like a simple thing. No big deal. Not worth commenting, mentioning or especially blogging about. BUT that's where you are wrong!
For me and particularly Hudson (my oldest) this was a very big deal. You see, in my 29 years of life, I have moved 24+ times (that I can remember) and of those 24+ moves, 7 were in the last 7 years since Hudson was born. My 7 year old-second grader, has been to 3 schools, lived in 3 provinces and lived in 7 different houses. That is an insane amount of instability. Sooooo, when we (Alex and I) went house shopping last year, I refused to settle for anything less then our "forever" HOME. I made it perfectly clear to everyone involved, I would not me moving again.


 I was very excited to see the SOLD sign  go up! Meaning it was SOLD to US
On October 18th, 2012 we moved into our forever home. It has all the things my forever home required....

   A main floor office for my business


A huge master bedroom. I have always had a king-size bed and its difficult to find a room that doesn't get eaten up by bed



The perfect master bathroom, my own sink, and my own bathtub. No more kids toys in my tub :).





We have a huge dining table. It will seat 10-12 people very comfortably when all the leafs are in. So having a big family dining room that could accommodate the table was a must.


Bedroom level laundry is AMAZING!!! Not having to carry baskets of clothes up and down stairs is awesome! (don't mind the messy laundry room. Laundry is never done in my house so finding a picture of a clean laundry room is impossible.)




You wouldn't believe what you can store in a walk in pantry! I am a bargain shopper, when it goes on sale, I stock up!




This house has a grand total of THREE linen closets. You have no idea how much you need a linen closet until you don't have one. (sorry, no pics of my closets, that's just boring) 

 My kids have their own bathroom! Even though I NEVER use it, it's probably one of my favorite rooms in though house. It keeps the kids stuff out of my way, their messes aren't in my face and it was SUPER fun to decorate. 


I have never had, but always wanted a fire place. The reason for this request was silly and probably juvenile BUT I wanted one non the less.... when I read my favorite Christmas story to my children and the line reads "Stockings were hung by the chimney with care"  I was always saddened that I have never had a mantle to hang my stockings from. 
I was very excited about decorating the mantle last year. :) 

And to nobody's surprise, I am sure, that leads us to my kitchen! I had told my real estate agent when she was doing her searches for me, "I want the WOW factor kitchen" 

 My kitchen has more cupboard space then I will ever require. Not one, but two islands. One for cooking, chopping and prepping at and the other for sitting, eating or homework. My kitchen over looks the living room to the left or the dining room to the right. There is nothing I cant see while prepping supper or making lunches. The flooring in my kitchen is so forgiving. It has the perfect color pattern to disguise and dirt that may be lurking



After spending the last year, cleaning, decorating  painting, adding back splashes, finishing the basement etc. I can finally say I have a HOME. There will be no more moves. This is # 25.  I want to grow old here, watch my children grow, go off to collage, get married and come home for the holidays. I have big plans for this house in the future, lots I would like to do, things I would like to add. But, there's the beauty in having a home, we have all the time in the world to get it done.



~Holly

Remember:

2 comments:

  1. 3 things....
    1- I love your house...
    2- Beer should not be stored in dry storage... Get a beer fridge for that shit! lol.
    3- your kitchen does crazy things to me.. I want.
    Oh and one last tidbit... Can't wait to see ya in a week! Happy House-iversary Momma!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Thanks and Me too!
    2. There is an abundance of beer in this house, left over from the camping season. No one drinks beer! I keep a couple in the fridge for when Grampy comes to visit but other then that it just sits in the cupboard collecting dust.
    3. My kitchen is the best. We will have fun in there next week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete