Monday 16 September 2013

Things that make me Happy Happy Happy....


Nail polish :  I believe a girl should own a ton of nail polish, in a ton of colours. Your nail polish should match your mood. Painted nails make me HAPPY  

 (my newly installed nail polish holders, in my master bath)


    Christmas :  I recently found a love for this holiday. Everything about Christmas makes me HAPPY. Shopping, decorating, beautiful sights, sounds and smells around the house. And the absolute magic of it all. Something as crazy as a fat man in a red suit and his flying reindeer make my 3 children so HAPPY.
    (one of two of the 2012 Christmas trees in our house)



    My Kitchen : Cooking and cleaning are my way of life. I adore making messes in my kitchen. Serving prepared meals, and spending time with friends and family. My kitchen is the centre piece of my house and always our families meeting ground. Being in my kitchen makes me HAPPY
     
    (messy kitchen, last weeks spaghetti night)  
     
     
    The colour Purple : I am not entirely sure why, but the colour purple makes me HAPPY.
    I have a purple bedroom and master bathroom, lots of purple clothes. My purple frying pan is my favorite. Surrounded in purple I am always HAPPY


    Pillows : My bed is full of them (6 full size, 4 king size and 2 throw cushions) . So is my couch and most chairs in my house. They drive Alex crazy. But he loves me, so he puts up with things to make me HAPPY
     
    Wine : I love wine and it makes me very HAPPY. Making it. Bottling it. Displaying it. Sharing it. Drinking it! There is not much about wine that does not make me HAPPY
     
     
    (lots of wine on display in my house)
     
     
     The Lake : We spend summer weekends at the lake. We have a camper and a Seadoo there. Spending time with friends and family at the lake makes me HAPPY. Long days on the beach, drinks by the fire, Seadooing and tubing on hot days. Lazy rainy days on the couch. 100's of card games played. Going back to basics for 48 hours a week with the kids. Outdoor fun and no video games, makes me HAPPY
    (Two handsome lil boys enjoying a sunny day on the dock)  
       
     


     (The cutest lil beach bum)





     (Lazy afternoon on the beach)
     

    (Late night fires)
    (The kids love tubing)



















    My Boyfriend : Alex... he was my second chance in life. With him I have accomplished more in 2 years, then I had in the 27 years before him. He has made me a better mother, partner and all around better person. He is silly and serious. Practical and spontaneous. He puts up with a lot of my shit and calls me out when my shit gets too intense. He is exactly what I needed in my life to bring me down a few notches where necessary and bring me up a few where I lacked.  Through him I have gained family and support that I never dreamed was possible. And that makes me HAPPY



    And of coarse my KIDS : I could write for days on the ways my children make me HAPPY. I will address each of them in their own separate post at some point but for now just knowing that they are HAPPY makes me the HAPPIEST a person can be.
     



    I hope you have enjoyed reading about all the things that make me HAPPY. I will continue to fill in this list as my posts come. There should be a never ending flow of HAPPINESS in your life

    Remember:

 

~Holly





























     

1 comment: